Clear all

Last night 1st night without water bottle

5 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@chuckaaa77)
Active Member Admin
Topic starter  

I've had a water bottle on my concentrator as long as I can remember. Lately, I've been having a problem with the pressure relief valves on the bottles leaking off and on. Yesterday, I changed my bottle like I usually do and it popped like they usually do when you test them by crimping the hose to make sure they work, but I wasn't testing it. This has happened to others recently and I don't know if something has changed recently with them making them but it has been happening more often.

I checked the air flow with my inline gauge at the beginning of the cannula to the hose and it was good, so I went about my business and forgot about it. I'm short of breath alot so I don't notice if I'm not having a great day by being a little short of breath.

About a half hour later, I'm sitting at the dining room table and it hits me, I can't breathe! I pulled my hose off and put it to my cheek, no air! Man, I struggled to get to the living room to get my portable on, getting worse and worse, finally got it on. Went to the concentrator tapped the water bottle and the air started coming out of the hose again.

I was madder than a hornet. This wasn't the first time it's happened but, I was able to catch it pretty quickly at other times. If I had been sleeping, I wouldn't have made it.

I put the hose straight onto the concentrator with the adaptor for the hose and adjusted it. I don't like being without a bottle because I'm worried about getting too dry, but so far, so good.

I'm calling the oxygen people today to see if others are having the problem. The bottles are the Salter Labs 7600-1 Bottles. If any of you have had this problem recently let me know. Thanks!

Have a great day!

This topic was modified 5 years ago by chuckaaa77

(@chuckaaa77)
Active Member Admin
Topic starter  

Update!

Googled water bottles and found Salter Labs makes a High Flow bottle, a 7900. Called the oxygen people and they are sending me 2 to try. So far, it's not bad without the bottle on. My nose is just as stuffy as before! Lol. My lungs didn't dry out either. One thing I do like is not having to change the bottle every day and not having to re-adjust the oxygen flow to keep it where it's supposed to be.

More later!

ReplyQuote
(@chuckaaa77)
Active Member Admin
Topic starter  

Welp, it's been almost 3 weeks without a water bottle on my concentrator and I'm no worse for wear. My sinus is still screwed up like it always has and my lungs haven't gotten worse so I guess I'm ok with not having it. More later.

ReplyQuote
(@chuckaaa77)
Active Member Admin
Topic starter  

Welp, It's almost the end of June and I haven't hooked my water bottle back up yet!

At first my sinuses were a little dry and the phlegm was a little thicker but my body adjusted. The phlegm started getting smaller and smaller in production and the same with my sinuses. I also noticed that I didn't have to keep adjusting the concentrator nearly as much.

Now I can go days at a time without having to touch it! Breathing better also.

ReplyQuote
(@chuckaaa77)
Active Member Admin
Topic starter  

Hello! Still off the bottle and sinus still the same as with a bottle. Myth BUSTED!

I kept worrying about my sinuses getting all dried out and it does alittle, but, it's still stuffed up no matter what. My lungs seem alittle better! Alot less sputum and congestion and not feeling like they're dried up!

I'm going to stick with this!

ReplyQuote
Share: